- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Posted on 11-10-2012
Thanks to the Mercola.com website. . .a great short list of 10 simple, healthy activities we all should prescribe to. . .
What DOES Make You Healthy?
While science can and will discover techniques and strategies that can be profoundly beneficial for your health, there are certain foundational basics that are unlikely to ever change, and these include:
- Optimize insulin and leptin levels through minimizing your sugar, processed food and grain carbohydrates and replacing them with healthy fats such as butter, animal fat, coconut oil, avocados, seeds and nuts.
- Eat a healthy diet of whole organic foods, and pay careful attention to keeping your insulin levels down by avoiding sugar/fructose and grains. I make this easy with my recently updated and free Nutrition Plan.
- Drink plenty of clean water.
- Manage your stress.
- Exercise regularly and correctly by incorporating high intensity exercises, which is how your body was designed to perform.
- Get safe and appropriate sun exposure to optimize your vitamin D.
- Limit exposure to toxins of all kinds.
- Consume healthy fats and avoid processed fats like nearly all commercial vegetable seed oils that are high in omega-6 fats.
- Eat plenty of raw food.
- Get plenty of sleep.
The pharmaceutical industry, the food industry, and even government itself, will not make it easy for you to avoid the garbage that ruins your health, but remember, leading a common sense, healthy lifestyle is your best bet to produce a healthy body and mind, and increase your longevity. And best of all, YOU have the power to change your own lifestyle to make sure the 10 foundational basics listed above are covered.
There are no comments for this post. Please use the form below to post a comment.